Friday 12 October 2012

Props

In todays lesson, I sent an email to the head of our drama department asking if they had certain props. This was the email:

Hi Al,



Sorry you must be really busy at the moment but we thought we'd send you a list now of the props we need for our music video. This way, we know if you don't have something and we can get it ourselves during halfterm.

Here is the list:

1. Bistro Set (you mentioned you had 2 tables and chairs?)

2. An old-fashioned microphone

3. Double Bass (we emailed the music department about this but they haven't replied)

4. Keyboard on stand

5. Coffee cups/glasses for bar

6. Anything that would be suitable or a bar that you have

7. We need to get helium balloons and we were wondering if you new any contacts around here about this?

8. Stools for the bar

9. Table cloths...any french style ones?

10. Clothes rail

11. 60's beach things: sun lounger, chair, wind breaker, beach ball

Here are some images that are similar to what we want:




This was his reply:


Hi Layla,
 
          
 
     1. Bistro set - Yes we have one.
     2. Old fashioned Mic.  Miles has one and Doug Quinn has one so you can ask them.
     3. Double bass - I don't have one or know anybody who does. Talk to Miles, Dave P or Dave Tunstill for suggestions.
     4. Keyboard on stand - this is a pop shoot standard issue. They should have one.
     5. How many cups and glasses. I only have a few.
     6. We have a long bar in the studio or a smaller bar that we used in the A2 play last easter. I have no beer taps though.
     7. Helium balloons. Cheapest way is to look online but they have them at the non stop party shop in Guildford and horsham
     8. I have stools for the bar. 3 with green tops or our black wooden ones
     9.  I have 12 red and white checked tables cloths
    10. I have a clothes rail
    11. I have two metal framed fold up sun loungers. I have a wind breaker. I don't know about a beach ball. I will look
 
     I hope this helps!
 
Alastair


Therefore, I am now confident we have all our props except for the double bass, helium balloons and possibly some things for our bar.  On Monday, I will visit the department to check if the stalls, table cloths and the bistro set are what we are looking for.  I will also need to see how many glasses there are as otherwise our group will have to bring those in ourselves.  I will also have to check what the sun loungers and wind breaker look like. If we can't find a double bass by the end of next week than I think that we should either have a bass guitar or normal guitar, which I know we will be able to get. 


No comments:

Post a Comment