Saturday 6 October 2012

Costume

This week I have been researching into costume for our music video and in yesterdays lesson, Sarah and I carried on this research.  I believe that this research is vital during our preparation process as we want to find clothes that aren't too expensive and in advance so if something went wrong it won't ruin our music video.  Furthermore, as our music video is 60's themed it will require a lot more research for costumes (and props) as it will be harder to find the right things.

We began by searching on google 'cheap 60's vintage clothes' to see what came up as I had previously done this and found some cheap websites that had 60's vintage clothes:



I found a new website that I hadn't seen before called 'pop boutique' and although these clothes were a bit more expensive, it was a good starting point.  While doing this, Sarah looked at other websites for costume such as the bikini for our new set as she had seen sales on urban outfitter of bikinis that looked similar to what we were looking for.

Here are two 60's style dresses that I found on the website:




The problem with these dresses is that I don't believe that are flattering enough for the look we are going for.  Furthermore, we won't be able to order any until we know Emma's sizes so this must be done during our screen testing on wednesday, which I will discuss with our group during our next production meeting.  However, I think the pink dress could possibly work and will also discuss with my group if they like this kind of style or not in our next meeting.  

The dress that I was really looking for during this shoot (that I believe is the most important) is the one for our first photo shoot.  The look we were going for Emma would be similar to Twiggy and although these dresses are 60's I don't believe these are similar enough.  Therefore, I went back to the previous search and explored more websites. 

What I found quite problematic during this research was that all the 60's dresses I found were too long and unflattering.  Thus, I searched on google images 'Twiggy style dresses':


At of all the images I found that a pink "Hibiscus" dress (according to the website) was most similar to what we were looking for:  (I began looking into this further)


I then made a breakthrough and found an article that showed a dress similar to this one (from monsoon):



Although this dress was sold out, it really helped me with my research as I was able to find similar dresses that they suggested on the website.  I will discuss with my group on Monday about these dresses and carry on my research to see if there are any other dresses but I am confident that once we have measured Emma on Wednesday, we will be able to order a dress.  This good organisation (as shown on a casting) will really help us.

Similar dresses


Vince dress


Vince dress (see more vines)


Mango dress


No comments:

Post a Comment