Wednesday 5 December 2012

Finishing music video

Since I completed the full rough cut of our music video, I have continued to edit everyday in my free time to edit anything that could be improved:


  1. I was able to improve the cafe scene, which I felt I was able to do once I had more experience editing as the first time I looked at it I was very worried. I concentrated more on Emma spinning around and her picking Theo up from his seat as these were our two best shots.
  2. I put more shots of the photographers camera in the photo shoot scene in between flashes, which made this scenes more upbeat and interesting.
  3. What I had most trouble with since the full rough cut is the final scene in the bar as I needed to edit it a lot more differently to the other scenes.  This scene was our performance element and therefore, I had to edit it a lot more like a music video.  I learnt that what was most successful was to use shots of instruments and the boys when in between Emma's lyrics and then when she started singing I would cut to a mid shot / close up / super wide.  This took a lot of time to do but in the end I was very pleased with the outcome.
  4. I also used more shots of Plum for cut aways, which made the music video a lot more upbeat and fun to watch.
Overall, I am really pleased with my music video  and even though it took a lot of time and effort to edit  I really enjoyed it.  Here is a link to the video, which is now up on Youtube:




No comments:

Post a Comment