Tuesday 22 November 2011

Interview on Target Audience

To get an idea of the sort of things that our target audience would like in a Thriller film, we conducted a couple of interviews at our school, which conveniently were the correct age group.  This was an attempt to make our film as popular as possible.  


Interview 1

1. What is your favourite film genre? Why?
Psychological thriller; I like being kept on the edge of my seat and having to think about the film I am watching. 
2. What is your favourite film? Why?
Shutter Island; because the script was interesting with great actors within the film. I enjoyed that suspense and the confusion of whether Leonardo Dicaprio's character was really insane or not. 
3. Given the choice would you rather watch a thriller or a chick flick? Why? 
Definitely a thriller; I prefer the fast pace of thrillers rather than a comedy type film that ends up with nothing for you to go away thinking about. 
4. How often do you watch thrillers? 
I always choose thrillers in any situation so I would say I watch a thriller at least twice a week, (as I am in boarding school.)

Interview 2

1. What is your favourite film genre? Why?
Horror; I like being scared when watching a film making your heart beat quicken and making you wince as the suspense builds. 
2. What is your favourite film? Why?
Saw 2; there is a lot of suspense with lots of quick movements from the camera man which keeps me on edge. I love this film with the realistic gore scenes and the brilliant set. 
3. Given the choice would you rather watch a thriller or a chick flick? Why? 
Thriller, they always have better story line. 
4. How often do you watch thrillers? 
I would say at least three times a month, I way prefer new thrillers rather then old school ones. 

Horror and Thriller were the two most popular film genres chosen and therefore, we have decided to incorporate these two genres, using the suspense and fast camera movements similar to the horror genre. Also we would like to make the audience to be left thinking about the film, having to work out parts for themselves, which may encourage people to re-watch the film boosting popularity.

No comments:

Post a Comment